Hitting the Road with Jack has been nominated for a Liebster Award! The lovely people at Travel Tea TV nominated the blog for the award and I am very happy to accept. First though I must say sorry for just how long it has taken me to write this post, camping is not the best accommodation for reliable internet. Here are my answers to the questions chosen by Abi, although a little late!
1. Where are you from?
I am from England and lived in Hertford for most of my life. Hertford is a town just North of London that most people I meet have never heard of, so when I am travelling the vague answer I give is near London.
2. Where would you recommend to others to visit that’s local to you?
Since arriving in Australia my view of what is local has been skewed. Here people make a two hour trip somewhere without thinking twice. With this locality in mind I would definitely recommend visiting Cambridge. The city is filled with history and punting along the river is a great way to see it.
3. How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Myself in three words… friendly, procrastinator and a bit of a worrier at times.
4. Best place you’ve ever been? (City, Country, Museum, Supermarket… Anything.)
The best place I’ve been to… at the minute I think I would have to say Australia as a whole. We have spent the last ten months here and have still not seen anywhere near everything it has to offer. It has such a varied environment and I am constantly surprised by how different one place can be to the next. Tropics, desert, snow-capped mountains, beaches, it has everything.
5. Worst place you’ve ever been? (Same rules as above)
The worst place I’ve been to is New Delhi, India. It was my first time travelling and experiencing a truly different culture. My friend and I were staying in a really poor area of the city, we had such culture shock and didn’t really know how to cope. We spent most of our time there in our hostel to avoid the harassment we received when we left to try and do anything.
6. Favourite shoes to travel in?
My favourite shoes to travel in are Toms. I tend to wear them to destruction they are so comfy and end up having to buy a new pair before each long trip. Although while in Australia I have got into the habit of living in thongs (flip-flops) unless we are bushwalking.
7. Greatest character you’ve ever met whilst travelling?
The greatest character I’ve met whilst travelling… this is hard. The Swedish guy we are travelling with at the minute is pretty funny, though I met some amazing people whilst in Melbourne. Taylah and Lara worked with me in Melbourne and they were both such strong incredible people that I really admire and hope to see again.
8. What movie can you watch again and again?
I can pretty much watch any movie again and again. Jack gets frustrated with me as I’ve seen barely any films compared to him. I just re-watch old films rather than find new ones to watch! One I want to re-watch at the minute is Into the Wild as I finally read the book last month, so would like to watch that again.
9. Favourite hot beverage?
Stereotypical Brit here, I love a good cup of tea. Unfortunately when travelling it is very hard to find decent cups of tea so I tend to switch to coffee. I don’t know whether it’s the water, milk or tea used but a cuppa is never the same outside the U.K.
10. What’s your go to dish? Either you’d make / order in a restaurant?
I love comfort food, especially anything involving cheese. My go to meal to make at home would probably be mac and cheese. If I am eating out, I love burgers so would probably opt for one of them.
11. Finally, if you could live in any era, what would it be?
If I could have lived in any era I would have loved to have been in my twenties during the 60’s. It would have been amazing to have had the chance to see so many of the bands I love live, plus the clothes were pretty awesome.
My nominations for the Liebster Award go to:
Around the World with Abena
Hammocks & Notebooks
Ellie Goes Solo
Eat Live Escape
Dream. Discover. Explore.
If you have already been nominated feel free to ignore this!
And my questions for you are:
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
2. How long have you been blogging?
3. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
4. What is the one thing you cannot travel without?
5. What is on your playlist for a long road trip?
6. Where would be your favourite place to visit?
7. What have you found the hardest when travelling?
8. Are there any home comforts you miss when travelling?
9. If you could give your pre-travel-self advice what would it be?
10. What is the main thing you will take away from your travels?
11. On your travels, what is your go to snack?
I look forward to reading your answers and thank you again to Travel Tea TV for the nomination!